Class of 2021 Senior Banquet Committee Forming!
Hello Class of 2021 Parents,
June 1, 2020 is around the corner...The Class of 2021 will officially be seniors on that day!
- Can you believe it? We are starting to plan the 2021 Senior Banquet!
- What is the IB Senior Banquet?
- The Senior Banquet is organized by the IB Parent Association (IB Alliance Inc.) to honor the hard work and dedication of all graduating IB seniors. Graduates and their families are invited to attend this memorable event held each year in May on an evening before commencement. HHS teachers and administration as well as school board members also attend the Senior Banquet. This truly is the last hurrah for seniors to gather together in a semi-formal setting that promotes social interaction throughout the evening as well as spending time with their teachers. The evening’s festivities include speakers, photo opportunities with each other as well as HHS faculty and administration, musical entertainment, a sit-down dinner, an opportunity for each student to share his/her university of matriculation, a memory book and a slideshow portraying the graduates ‘then and now’!
o We would like to plug in as many parents as possible to support the banquet.
o ACTION ITEM: We will be having a first Senior Banquet meeting on March 29th at 7:00 pm. A sign up invitation will be sent to families who have filled out the Senior Banquet Committee Volunteer form at https://forms.gle/kHopt9kGjsUMyZFi6.
Please let us know how we can count on your support of the banquet by signing up in the area the best meets your skill set, availability and interest.
We want to ensure all Senior parents are kept apprised for the next 14 months of the many opportunities and important deadlines for our Seniors. The Alliance will be communicating through email using Membership Toolkit.
ACTION ITEM SUMMARY. Due by Friday, March 13, 2020:
- We need EVERY HHS IB Class of 2021 family to log into HHSIB.org and create an account. If you already have one please log in and verify that your contact information is correct. Note: The district cannot share your contact information or mailing address. To ensure you receive your students Diploma Banquet invitation we MUST have your address given directly to us.
We look forward to a great senior year! Please feel free to reach out at the email below if you have any question.
Go Big Red!
Junior Parent Night Presentation
Did you miss the Junior Parent Night Presentation? Or maybe you just want to see it again? No problem! You can find it here: www.morterboard.com
Juniors – Timeline
- SAT and/or ACT preparation.
- Create a list of colleges that interest student.
- Visit college campuses.
- Register and take PSAT/NMSQT, which is given in October. The PSAT/NMSQT qualifies students to compete for National Merit Scholarships.
- Attend college fairs.
- Modify the list of colleges and universities that interest the student.
- Review college admissions criteria.
- Register and take the SAT and/or ACT between January and June.
- Begin Service Academy and ROTC application process. Students will need to obtain a congressional nomination for the Service Academies.
- Register and take two SAT II Subject tests in areas the student is taking AP exams at the May or June test date.
- Maintain academic performance as this will be the student’s GPA and class ranking that will appear on college applications.
- Visit prospective colleges.
- Create a resume of school activities, honors & awards, and community service from grades 9 – 12.
- Request teacher letters of recommendation for college applications.