Points of Pride
A Magnet Program
Have you heard...
The International Baccalaureate Program at Hillsborough High School is a rigorous pre-university course of study that meets the needs of the highly motivated and academically talented 9-12 grade student. The program provides students with the intellectual, social, and critical perspective necessary for the competitive adult world.
The IB Program takes on a special significance today when knowledge continues to expand dramatically and existence in a world community requires appreciation and understanding of cultural diversity. It is essential, therefore, that academic training provides students with the values and opportunities that will enable them to succeed.
All IB Diploma Programme candidates are required to engage in the study of languages, science, mathematics, arts, and humanities in the final two years of their secondary schooling. The pre-Diploma Programme offered in grades nine and ten also includes an emphasis upon the development of study, organizational, and research skills. These four years constitute a blend between the preference for specialization in some areas and the emphasis on breadth preferred in other areas.
IB Students are:
Points of Pride
- 9 Hillsborough High School Students achieved recognition for National Merit Scholarship Program semi-finalists, with 8 finalists.
- In 2015, Hillsborough High IB was named the 55th most challenging high school in the country by the Washington Post.
- 96% of the IB Class of 2017 earned the prestigious IB Diploma and was the highest in the county.
- Members of the class of 2018 HHS IB students attended the following universities:
- Alabama, Auburn, Boston University, Columbia, Texas A & M, Wellesley, Yale, United States Air Force Academy, UCLA, U Chicago, U Penn, Vassar, and University College, Dublin, Ireland.
- Awarded over 5.5 million dollars in scholarships within the IB Program alone.