Senior Banquet Committee "Un-fundraiser" is starting now! Please make your contribution by September 20th so that we don't have to try to do a lot of fundraisers throughout the year! Go to the Senior Ordering Page for more information!
Rising Seniors 2021 Summer Homework - Please check back for additions and also check Canvas - There may be assignments that are not listed here!
- The Nonexistent Knight by Italo Calvino (translated by Archibald Colquhoun), ISBN 978-0-544-95910-1
- The text is supposed to be funny--think Monty Python meets Charlemagne.
- Read chapters 1-4
- Cummings: assignment is posted to Canvas
- Vocabulaire et structures
- Travail de recherche et presentation
- Ginn: Dr. Ginn Assignments
- Gonzalez: Sra. Gonzalez Assigments
- Jackson: Dr. Jackson Assignments
- Manganello: Computer Science Assignments (and posted to Canvas); only do Topic 1 off the study guide
- Mikulec: Mr. Mikulec Assignments
- Mobley: attached (and posted to Canvas)
- Read a book on one of these dictators: Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Castro, Mussolini, Nasser.
- Read a book on the causes of the Cold War and on the civil rights movement.
For ACT Information: ACT Website
Resources for College Readiness: College Readiness Checklist
Hello Class of 2022 Parents,
Can you believe it? We are starting to plan the 2022 Senior Banquet!
So, what exactly is the IB Senior Banquet?
The Senior Banquet is organized by the IB Parent Association (IB Alliance Inc.) to honor the hard work and dedication of all graduating IB seniors. Graduates and their families are invited to attend this memorable event held each year in May on an evening before commencement. HHS teachers and administration as well as school board members also attend the Senior Banquet. This truly is the last hurrah for seniors to gather together in a semi-formal setting that promotes social interaction throughout the evening as well as spending time with their teachers. The evening’s festivities may include speakers, photo opportunities with each other as well as HHS faculty and administration, entertainment, food, an opportunity for each student to share his/her university of matriculation, a memory book and a slideshow portraying the graduates ‘then and now’!
We would like to get as many parents as possible to support the banquet.
** ACTION ITEM #1: We will be having our first Senior Banquet meeting on August 24th at 7:00 pm. A sign up invitation will be sent to families who have filled out the Senior Banquet Committee Volunteer Form.
Please let us know how we can count on your support of the banquet by signing up in the area the best meets your skill set, availability and interest.
We want to ensure all Senior parents are kept apprised for the next 10 months of the many opportunities and important deadlines for our Seniors. The Alliance and Senior Banquet Committee will be communicating through email using Membership Toolkit.
** ACTION ITEM #2, Due by Sunday, August 15th
We need EVERY HHS IB Class of 2021 family to log into HHSIB.org and create an account. If you already have one please log in and verify that your contact information is correct. Note: The district cannot share your contact information or mailing address. To ensure you receive your student’s Diploma Banquet invitation we MUST have your address given directly to us.
We look forward to a great senior year! Please feel free to reach out at the email below if you have any question.
Ami Govindaraju and Sarah Ellis
Go Big Red!